Thursday, August 14, 2008

Trip to Alaska

Salmon running the river. We saw the salmon running up the river and that was an awesome sight. You can't tell in the picture but all the ripples are the fins of the fish. It was unreal the number of fish that were there.

A look at the salmon. Hopefully you can tell how big they were.

Mendenhall Glacier This is the first glacier we saw. Words can't express what they look like. They are more spectacular than I thought. It was a wonderful sight. This glacier is in Juneau the first place we went to..

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I loved the glaciers too! It really is unexplainable...but they are masssive and just miraculous! Glad you had a great time...and glad we finally got some pictures! Speaking of pictures, we got some from Jake in the MTC finally too...I posted them on his blog...you'll have to go take a look!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

We visited the Mendenhall Glacier too, and lots of others, tho' I can't remember the names of all of them.
You got some good pictures, love seeing them.
What a wonderful trip with your family!!